If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life.
Your Strong Assessment
When does a job evolve into a career or become a lifelong pursuit?
Usually, this only happens when we feel satisfied and fully engaged in our work. Unfortunately, many working adults do not know if their career decisions will allow them to pursue their interests - or if they are taking the best steps to move their career forward.
For over 85 years, the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument has provided time-tested, research validated insights to help individuals in their search for a rich, fulfilling career. As one of the most respected and widely used career exploration assessments in the world, it has been used extensively in educational institutions and organisations of all sizes.
The Strong Interest Inventory®
The Strong measures your interest in a range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and education subjects. The questionnaire compares how these interests are similar to interests of people successfully employed in those occupations. It will help you understand your work interests and to illustrate the kinds of work in which you might be most satisfied.
The Strong Interest Inventory uses the 6 Holland codes, which are personality types created to measure your “Holland Code” type and match it with a list of career choices that would be a good fit for you.
Realistic – practical, physical, hands-on, tool-oriented
Investigative – analytical, intellectual, scientific, explorative
Artistic – creative, original, independent, chaotic
Social – cooperative, supporting, helping, healing/nurturing
Enterprising – competitive, environments, leadership, persuading
Conventional – detail-oriented, organizing, clerical
- Links your interests and preferences to more satisfying jobs, work settings and careers
- Measures your preference for 30 professional fields of work and 260 occupation types
- Ranks your top ten occupations in terms of compatibility
- Helps you better understand of your interests
- Identifies career options consistent with your interests
- Provides you with strategies for better career development
- Recommends work environments that would be a good fit for you
- Gives you results that you can benefit from if you are just starting out in your career, thinking about a change or considering education options
The Cycles of Success: A Guide to Career Development and Assessment Insights eBook delves into how you can support your clients or employees through the process of enhancing, expanding and/or changing careers, which will then carry over to improve your talent management initiatives. It also includes how employees may support themselves when their company is not able to offer the resources needed for skill development in a given role, or to move beyond it.
Please click here to download the eBook.