Managers matter. They have a huge impact on the bottom line and employee engagement. Engaged employees are up to 202% more productive because they use discretionary effort to go above and
beyond their normal job requirements without being asked to do so.
Only 24% of staff are engaged in their work, 76% are disengaged. According to research from Gallup, managers account for up to 70% of this variation in engagement. And 50% of employees quit their job to “get away from their manager”. Leadership is challenging. It requires balancing company expectations with personality styles, conflicts, and the interests of everyone they work with.
Research from Gallup, Deloitte and Google’s Project Oxygen found that great leaders have these eight qualities:
- They’re a good coach
- They empower their team and don’t micromanage
- They express interest in their team members’ success and personal well-being
- They’re productive and results-oriented
- They’re a good communicator
- They help with career development
- They have a clear vision and strategy for the team
- They have key technical skills that help them advise the team
Why Easy Teams?
We help emerging leaders master their strengths so they are free to take action with confidence, clarity and impact. We take the mystery out of managing people and help you bring out the best in your teams. We show you how to:
- take the storm out of forming teams
- transform tension into teamwork
- convert conflict into communication
- turn cynicism into synergy
- Our goal is to help you create a collaborative culture that is relaxed, resilient and productive.
- Our leadership programs are available as workshops, seminars,
- Professional Development days,coaching programs and keynotes.
- Click contact us for a free 30 minute consultation to discuss how we can help you grow your leadership capacity.